Understand the difference between Viewers, Creators, and Admins in your Workspace. 🤝
Your account in Loom comes with a Workspace containing a Personal, Shared, and Team Library. Here you can collaborate with the rest of your team in watching, sharing, and editing videos and screenshots together, depending on each team member's role (see below). You can invite people to your Workspace in your Workspace settings as other Creators (limits apply) and Viewers (unlimited). It's possible to join multiple Workspaces if you're invited to them, and these Workspaces can be on different plans. Billing is per Workspace.
Your Loom account also comes with different roles. Some members have full access to record and edit videos, while others can only view videos. Admins have the option to change who can access what. Education users can have one Creator and one Admin (the same user). Starter plans can have up to 25 Creators and one Admin. Business plans can have up to 100 Creators and Admins, and Enterprise plans can have unlimited Creators and Admins. Viewers are always unlimited on all plans, and any member can enter a credit card to upgrade a free Workspace.
|Viewers in a Workspace (free users)
- A Workspace can have unlimited Viewer accounts for free.
- Can view, react to, and comment on videos sent and shared in the Team Library.
- Can invite other Viewers to the Workspace.
- Cannot record, upload, or edit a video, although you'll see the option to "invite to edit" when moving a video to your shared Team Library.
- The team Admin has the option to upgrade a Viewer account to Creator status in Manage Workspace (accessed by going to Manage → Members).
- If a Viewer wants to upgrade to a Creator role, they will need to contact an Admin. Admins are listed on the member page in Manage Workspace.
- Viewers are free and unlimited on all plans.
|Creators in a Workspace (paid users)
- Creator accounts are priced at $10/mo for Business accounts or a custom rate (depending on volume) for Enterprise accounts.
- Have full access on Loom to record, share, organize, upload, and edit videos to share.
- Can invite other Viewers or Creators to the Workspace.
- Admins control Creator access and can downgrade accounts to Viewer status in Manage Workspace.
- If a Creator wants to upgrade to an Admin role, they will need to contact an Admin. Admins are listed on the member page in Manage Workspace.
- Education plans are limited to one Creator. Starter plans are limited to 25 Creators.
|Admins in a Workspace (paid users)
- Admin accounts are priced at $10/mo for Business accounts or a custom rate (depending on volume) for Enterprise accounts.
- Have all the privileges of a Creator and can manage Workspace settings.
- Can edit the roles of members and manage Workspace and Subscription settings.
- Only Admins can invite Creators or other Admins to a Workspace, while any Viewer or Creator can invite another Viewer.
- On the Enterprise plan with SSO, users will be added to the Loom Workspace via Just-In-Time provisioning with an IdP. Admins can determine what default role (Creator or Viewer) they want to assign to users on the Security page.
- Admins can also assign roles directly when they invite a new member into their Workspace.
- Business and Enterprise plans can have unlimited Admins. Starter plans are limited to one Admin.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄