Guard your videos with an extra layer of privacy. 🔍
Creators in Loom are able to configure video privacy settings to ensure they give the appropriate access to the right people. Admins of Enterprise plans can restrict or set defaults for their entire workspace through Advanced privacy features.
Video privacy settings
Users on all plans are able to set the following privacy settings for the videos they create:
|Anyone with the link||
|Members of this Workspace||
|Only people added can access||
Video preview privacy
If your video privacy setting is set to Members of this Workspace or Only people added can access, the video preview will be hidden by default in embedded Looms.
If you want to show the previews when you share the video in Slack, you can do so by going to Workspace Settings > General > Workspace Content and turning on Display preview and titles in Slack embeds for non-public videos. Note that turning this on will reveal the title and preview of the video to all users your share the video with in Slack, even if they are not members of your Loom workspace or directly added to the video.
⚠️ Note that turning this on will reveal the title and preview of the video to all users you share the video with in Slack, even if they are not members of your Loom workspace or added to the video. Only members of your workspace (or people added) are able to watch the video.
Advanced privacy features
⚠️ Please note that Loom's advanced privacy features are only available to users on the Enterprise plan.
If you're the Admin of your Enterprise Workspace, you can either restrict or set default settings for everyone in your Workspace to ensure your content is kept secure in our organization by going to Workspace settings > General > Workspace Content.
You can use privacy restrictions to control who can create content with public links in your workspace:
|Everyone can create public links||
|Only exempted groups can create public links||
Edit exempted groups
If you set your Privacy Restrictions to Only exempted groups can create public links, you can choose to exempt user groups from that restriction. Only Creators who are in an "exempted group" will be able to create content with public links. If you do not add any exempted groups, then no one in your workspace will be able to create public links.
To edit exempted groups:
- Select Only exempted groups can create public links and click on Edit exempted groups.
- You can search for existing Groups and click Save.
- You can also directly create a new Group using the New Group button.
- Your list of exempted groups will show up as a list in the modal.
- You can also view the privacy restriction setting for each group by going to the Groups tab and clicking a particular group. The privacy restriction for that groups is shown in the side panel.
⚠️ Important notes:
- If a user is part of several groups, the user will inherit the least restrictive permission. This means if any one of the groups they belong to is allowed to create Looms with public links, the user will also be able to create Looms with public links.
- These settings only apply to new videos, so the privacy settings of any existing videos will not be impacted. If end users have existing videos set to Anyone with the link, the existing videos' privacy settings are maintained even after the end users are restricted from creating public links. If restricted end users choose to change the privacy of such existing videos, they will not be able to change it back to public.
- For better insight into content in their workspace and their respective privacy settings, Enterprise plan Admins can pull a report through Engagement Insights data exports.
Default privacy setting
If you choose to give everyone the option to create public links, you can still set the default privacy setting for new videos in the workspace. All Workspace members have the option to override the default in individual videos and choose each video's privacy settings.
👉 Note: These settings only apply to new videos, so the privacy settings of any existing videos will not be impacted.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄