If you're an Admin, you can individually delete members of your Workspace, which will ensure they will no longer have access to the content in the Workspace through your Workspace settings. You'll need first to deactivate the user, and after they've been deactivated, you can permanently delete them.
Here's how to permanently delete a user from your Workspace:
1. After deactivating a user from your Workspace (through your Workspace settings under the Members tab), you'll see the option to either re-activate their account or permanently delete it. Select Permanently delete profile.
2. From here, you'll be taken into a confirmation flow. You can choose to either keep or delete content they have shared with the All Company Space. On Starter and Business plans, all content the user has created but not shared with a Space will be automatically deleted. On the Enterprise plan, Admins have the ability to transfer content that is not shared with a Space to themselves.
If you choose to keep all content, videos that have been shared to a Space will remain in the workspace, and video ownership will be transferred over to the Admin who removed the Workspace member.
⚠️Note on for content Not Shared to a Space:
- On Starter and Business plans, videos Not shared to a Space cannot be accessed or moved without explicit consent from the video owner.
- On Enterprise plans, video ownership of content not shared to a Space will be transferred over to the Admin who deleted the Workspace member. When the transfer completes, the deleted user's content displays in the Admin's Video Library under a folder titled "[Deleted User's Email] - [Deleted User's Name]'s content.
⚠️The ability to transfer content not shared to a Space is only available on Enterprise plans.
3. Type the member's email to confirm before clicking Permanently delete profile. If you return to your Members tab, you'll see that the user is gone.
Deleting a Workspace 🗑
We're currently working on developing a way to delete a Workspace in Loom, but that ability doesn't exist yet. If you want to cancel your subscription, your account will be downgraded to Loom's Starter (free) version. You can also leave a Workspace in your personal account settings, and if you don't have any other Workspaces associated with your account, it will be deleted.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy Recording! 🎥 😄