If you're recording with the Loom Windows App and encounter an error that causes your video to be cut short, there is a chance some files were saved to your computer locally. With these, we can attempt to manually recover your video. This article will show you how.
But first, how to avoid this for future recordings?
- Make sure you're connected to a strong, stable connection. You can check your connection here. We recommend having at least 5mbps upload speed for good results.
- Restart your device.
- Check your Loom application is up to date.
What you can do to recover this video 🔧
It is possible there are video parts saved locally on your device. Please bear in mind that this is not always the case and we might not be able to recover your video at all.
If you can locate the missing video parts, please send the files (.hls) to our team and we will attempt a manual video recovery for you. Here's how to check:
- Open your Control Panel and browse to:
Open the folder that corresponds to your video ID, this is your video ID:
- Compress (zip) the corresponding folder and upload it to your preferred cloud storage service (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Box, WeTransfer, etc...).
- Send the uploaded folder to us via our Support form here. Please include your video ID and zipped folder links in your message for faster assistance.
We'll do our best to recover it for you! 🤞
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy Recording! 🎥 😄