Invite specific people to view your Loom recording or create a public link. 🗝
Custom Access provides an extra layer of video security. If your video contains sensitive information and you’d like to make sure only a specific person (or group of people) can watch your video you can enable these features.
This way you can be sure your Loom recording will only be seen by those it's intended for. This works in a similar way to sharing a Google Doc.
You can either...
- Share Public Link - allowing anyone with this link to view your video.
- Enable Custom Access - allowing only people who have been invited to view your video.
If you're a Loom Business or Enterprise user, you can also add a password, allowing anyone with your video's password to view it.
How do I add Custom Access to my video?
- From your My Video page, open the video you'd like to enable Custom Access for.
- Under Access Control, click Custom Access.
- Type the email address of those you grant access for, then click Add, then Save.
- Once you've done this, your video will automatically be set to private and inaccessible to anyone except those who have received Custom Access.
Your recipient will need to be logged into their Loom account with this email in order to watch your recording.
Custom Access: Public Videos
By default, your Loom URLs are not searchable. Only people who you share your video link with can see your video. However, if you would like your video to gain greater public exposure you can change this by toggling on Search Engine Indexing.
This means your Loom URL can then appear in Google search.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄