Invite specific people to view your Loom recording or create a public link. 🗝
Sharing with Specific people provides an extra layer of video security. If your video contains sensitive information and you’d like to make sure only a specific person (or group of people) can watch your video you can enable these features.
This way you can be sure your Loom recording will only be seen by those it's intended for. This works in a similar way to sharing a Google Doc.
You can either...
- Share a public link - allowing anyone with this link to view your video.
- Share with specific people - allowing only people who have been invited to view your video.
If you're a Loom Business or Enterprise user, you can also add a password, allowing anyone with your video's password to view it. Enterprise users can also configure additional advanced privacy settings.
How do I share my video with specific people?
- From your video library, open the video you'd like to share with specific people.
- Click on Copy public link. Under Share your video, select Specific people.
- Type the email address of those you grant access for.
- Once you've done this, your video will automatically be set to private and inaccessible to anyone except those who have received access.
Your recipient will need to be logged into their Loom account with this email in order to watch your recording.
By default, your Loom URLs are not searchable. Only people with the video link can see your video. However, if you would like your video to gain greater public exposure you can change this by toggling on Search engine indexing.
This means your Loom URL can then appear in Google search. When you turn on Search Engine Indexing, we allow search engine crawlers to find that share page. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, so you may see a delay in when your video starts appearing in Google searches.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄