Get your microphone back on track with these quick tips. 📽
If you're running into issues with your microphone on Windows 10, please try these steps:
- Restart your device.
- Try selecting a different audio device from the drop down.
- Update, or remove and reinstall, your audio drivers following the steps below.
At times, outdated drivers can cause issues with recording and sound playback. Here how you can update your drivers, and based on your device brand download new drivers if needed. If you're using a specialized microphone, you'll need to download the drivers for your device.
Uninstall and reinstall your microphone drivers:
- Open your Device Manager.
- Navigate to Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right-click on your audio source name and click Uninstall Device.
- Once it's been removed, right-click on Audio inputs and outputs and select Scan for hardware change. This action should re-install your inbuilt drivers.
👉 If your audio-driver doesn't reinstall, please follow the steps below related to your device.
*Alternatively, you can also choose the option to Update Driver.
Based on your device brand, here's how to download your updated drivers:
Scan your computer for existing drivers and utilities and follow the instructions below.
- Browse to Dell Drivers & Downloads page.
- Identify the Dell computer using one of the following methods:
- Click Detect PC and follow the instructions.
- You can also click Browse all products to select the Dell product from the catalog.
- Click Detect Drivers.
- SupportAssist analyzes the computer to find the latest updates.
- Once the scan is complete, click Download and install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the drivers and utility installation.
- In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
- On the My devices tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
- Click Check for updates and messages to get the latest updates.
- Wait while Support Assistant works.
- If new updates are available, click the check box next to each update, and then click Download and install.
- When HP Support Assistant finishes, close the tool.
If Acer Care Center was not included on your product or has been uninstalled, you can easily download it from our support site.
- Visit the Acer Drivers and Manuals page.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select Application.
- Click Download next to Acer Care Center to save the file.
- Unzip the file you download, and run the Setup.exe file to install the application.
Here are two other steps you can try to help uncover microphone related issues on Windows 10 devices:
Run the native windows Audio Troubleshooter:
Make sure your microphone is enabled in your settings:
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄