The fallback recorder can provide a more stable recording experience on certain devices.📽
The Fallback recorder is an option in the Loom desktop app for Windows which enables Loom to use the CPU (Central Processing Unit) for recording, rather than the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
This is useful when the GPU isn't supported. It can also be helpful to resolve certain audio issues that can be caused by an unsupported GPU.
When should I enable the fallback recorder?
- If your Loom app is crashing upon launch.
- If you’re experiencing audio issues.
How to enabled to fallback recorder
- Open your Loom desktop app
- Click the '..' menu in the top right
- Select Preferences.
- Turn on Use fallback recorder.
- Restart your device and try to record once again.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄