Capture internal audio from applications on your computer or your browser. 🔉
Loom has internal recording capabilities for your browser tab, as well for applications on your device via the desktop app. If you'd like to capture your system audio while recording with Loom, there are two ways to do this:
Using the Loom Chrome extension
This will record internal audio from your Chrome browser tab only.
With the Loom Chrome extension, you can record the internal audio of a particular browser tab by recording with the following settings enabled:
- Capture mode: Current Tab
- Enable: Include Tab Audio
Note: This is a feature only available for this type of recording. To not capture audio from your Microphone, you can toggle this off.
Using the Loom desktop app
This will record the system audio of any application on your device.
This is great to capture the audio coming from other apps on your computer and include it in the recording. This is useful for:
- Video conference calls (Incl. Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype)
- Sales calls
- In your Loom App Preferences, enabled Use system audio.
- In your Zoom call mic settings, make sure your Microphone selected is Same as System, as below.
- In your Loom App Preferences, enable Use system audio.
- In your Microsoft Teams settings, make sure you have PC Mic and Speakers selected. You can select your computer speakers and internal microphone in your settings as well.
- Make sure your Internal audio is enabled based on the Loom recorder your using:
Chrome Extenstion: Record with Current Tab and enable Include Tab Audio
Desktop app: Navigate to Preferences and enable Use system audio
- In your Google Meet settings, ensure your Microphone is set to the same Microphone source as the Loom app.
Google Meets Settings:
Loom App Settings:
This happens if you have internal audio and speaker audio being picked up simultaneously. To solve this we suggest using headphones (with a microphone).
The iOS app can capture internal audio from all apps except those that are connected to phone calls or video calls. This includes apps like Zoom, Google Meet, and Facetime.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥😄