Capture internal audio from applications on your computer or your browser. 🔉
Loom has internal recording capabilities for your browser tab, as well for applications on your device via the Desktop App. If you'd like to capture your system audio while recording with Loom, there are two ways to do this:
Using the Loom Chrome Extension
The Loom Chrome extension can only record internal audio from one tab. To capture internal audio, you will need to record with the Current Tab setting enabled.
Using the Loom Desktop App
This will record the system audio of any application on your device.
This is great to capture the audio coming from other apps on your computer and include it in the recording. This is useful for:
- Video conference calls (Incl. Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype)
- Sales calls
To use this feature, enable Use system audio from your Desktop App preferences, in the Video & audio tab as shown below:
- In your Loom App configuration: make sure to enable Use system audio in your preferences before recording and set up your Loom audio settings to your desired microphone as usual.
Zoom call configuration: make sure your Microphone and Speaker are set to Same as System (as seen below).
- Loom App configuration: make sure to enable Use system audio in your preferences.
Microsoft Teams configuration: make sure you have a PC Mic and Speakers selected. You can select your computer speakers and internal microphone in your settings as well.
- Make sure your Internal audio is enabled based on the Loom recorder you are using.
Chrome Extension: Record with Current Tab and enable Include Tab Audio
Desktop app: Navigate to Settings and enable Use system audio
- In your Google Meet settings, ensure your Microphone is set to the same Microphone source as the Loom app.
Google Meets Settings:
Loom App Settings:
This happens if you have internal audio and speaker audio being picked up simultaneously. To solve this we suggest using headphones (with a microphone).
The iOS app can capture internal audio from all apps except those that are connected to phone calls or video calls. This includes apps like Zoom, Google Meet, and Facetime.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥😄