Audio issues? Camera not recording? You've come to the right place!
The following video shows you how to check if your microphone and/or camera issues are connected to Loom, or might be local to your device or Chrome.
Test website: https://www.loom.com/webcam-mic-test
If your microphone and/or camera are not working on this test site, please check:
- Your computer's system preference, navigate to Sound or Camera and check if there's any indication of a muted microphone or disabled camera.
- Restart your computer - this trusty old trick always helps!
If your microphone and/or camera are working successfully on this test site, please follow these instructions depending on which Loom product you are using.
Loom Chrome extension
- Navigate to your Personal Library.
- Click the secure lock🔒next to the Loom URL and click Site Settings.
- Find Camera and Microphone and make sure you have Allow selected for both. See below.
- Once complete, please restart your Chrome browser.
Loom desktop app (Mac)
- Go to your computer's System Preferences.
- Select the option Security & Privacy.
- Find the options for Camera, Microphone and Screen Recording make sure Loom is on the list of applications allowed access.
- If this is not the case, please restart your computer and reinstall the Loom app.
- If after reinstalling, you still have trouble, please contact our Support team.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄