Audio issues? Camera not recording? You've come to the right place!
The following video shows you how to check if your microphone and/or camera issues are connected to Loom, or might be local to your device or Chrome.
Test website: https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/RecordRTC/
There are additional websites available online for free. You can use a different one should you prefer, as the end result should be similar.
If your microphone and/or camera are not working on this test site, please check:
- Your computer's system preference, navigate to "Sound" or "Camera" and check if there's any indication of a muted microphone or disabled camera
- Restart your computer - this trusty old trick always helps!
If your microphone and/or camera are working successfully on this test site, please follow these instructions depending on which Loom product you are using.
Loom Chrome Extension:
- Navigate to your My Video page.
- Click the secure lock🔒next to the Loom URL and click Site Settings
- Find Camera and Microphone and make sure you have 'Allow' selected for both, see below.
- Once complete, please restart your Chrome browser.
Loom Desktop App (Mac):
- Go to your computer's System Preferences
- Select the option Security & Privacy
- Find the options for Camera, Microphone and Screen Recording make sure Loom is on the list of applications allowed access
- If this is not the case, please restart your computer and reinstall the Loom app
- If after reinstalling, you still have trouble, please contact our Support team
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy Recording! 🎥 😄