If you are unable to view your Loom video, here's what could be causing it and how we can help resolve this.
A video stuck in processing will look like this:
Note: If your video has not been processed successfully after 24 hours, this failed recording preview will be filtered out of your dashboard view.
How long does a video take to process?
The processing speed depends on several factors:
- Duration of your video, longer videos will take longer to process.
- Quality you chose to record in (higher resolution will take longer).
- Upload speed - check speed here. We recommend at least 5mbps upload speed. If you experienced an interruption while recording (wifi or internet dropout) or during processing, your video may not upload with success.
- videos processing at once. ultiple
- If the app experienced a crash it could also result in the files not uploading with success.
On a strong, stable connection, it should not take more than a few minutes for videos under 10 minutes at 720p recording quality. However, if you record a long video and your upload speed is on the lower end the processing time will increase as Loom finishes uploading your video.
👉Please wait at least 30 minutes and do not close the tab until you play the video you created.
After 30 minutes, your video has not processed:
If your video has not processed after 30 minutes, please try the steps below based on the Loom recorder you used.
- Loom Desktop App: Visit our recovery module here: https://www.loom.com/recover-videos. On the recover video page, you can only attempt to recover videos recorded with the Loom desktop app (screen only or screen + cam). If the video has missing parts, please contact support with the missing parts. Here is how to find the missing video parts for Mac or Windows apps
Loom Chrome Extension: Open Chrome's menu by clicking the three dots button and choose Extensions > Manage Extensions. Turn the Loom extension off and on again. This will force the extension to reboot and recover your video. Please give it a few minutes to process and refresh the video link.
- Loom Mobile apps: Unfortunately we do not have a recovery method for these videos at the moment.
In the event that Loom crashes during recording or your video is stuck in processing, we are very sorry! This currently happens to less than 0.1% of all videos and is something we are working hard to drive down to 0%. 🙏
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄