Recording your presentation with Loom is a great way to save time and ensure your delivery is exactly how you planned it.
You can record your Powerpoint, Keynote or Google Slides presentation, then simply share your video link for your recipient to watch in their own time.
We'd suggest using the Desktop App as this allows you to capture your camera bubble across any application, however, you can also use the Loom Chrome extension to record browser-based presentations (such as Google Slides decks). In this article we'll show you how.
Presenting with Google Slides
Using the browser-based extension is an effective way to record your Google Slide presentation. You can choose to record with, or without, your camera.
Here's an example of a Google Slides presentation recorded with Loom.
Here's how to do this:
- Open your Google Slides deck, launch the Loom Extension and select Screen + Cam and Full Desktop for your recording settings.
- Hit Start Recording, then in the top right of your Google Slide page, you'll see Present. Click Present to move into full-screen presentation mode.
- From here, you can present through your slides, as you usually would in a meeting, then once you're finished, simply press the green tick to end your recording.
- Your video will then process to your video library for you to share or download your recorded presentation.
Here's a video walkthrough of how to record your Google Slide Presentation
Presenting with PowerPoint or Keynote
If you'd like to record a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation we suggest using the Loom Desktop App as this allows you to record with your camera bubble across any application.
Here's how to do this:
- Open your presentation slides from your preferred application.
- Then open the Loom Desktop App, select Screen + Cam with Full Screen as your capture mode settings.
- Once ready, hit Start Recording, then launch your Ppt/ Keynote presentation into Full-Screen Presentation mode.
- Record your slides as normal and once you're done, click to end the recording.
- Your video will then process to your video library - from here we suggest you trim your recording so your viewer doesn't see the first few moments while you were setting up. Here's how to trim your Loom recording.
Here's a video walkthrough of how to record your Powerpoint slides with the Loom App
Use the your keyboard shortcuts to start, stop and pause your recording during your presentation for a seamless recording, with no distracted eyes on screen.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy recording! 🎥😄