✂️ Stitch together and trim videos, so you never have to rerecord again!
Our trim and stitch features work together to help you get the most out of your Loom videos.
Using our stitch feature, you can combine videos (made by yourself or others) into one and use our trim feature to cut out any of those 'um' mishaps!
Stitching clips together will allow you to:
- Create content collaboratively (stitch Looms with others)
- Create cross-platform videos (stitch mobile+desktop Looms)
- Create Looms with reusable content (stitch in an intro or outro for sale demos)
- Add a topic into a Loom (stitch in the content you forgot to mention)
⚠️ Please note
You will only be able to make up to 150 trims per clip. You also will only be able to trim videos that are 5 hours or less in length.
If you are on a Starter-free plan or have a Creator Lite role, stitched videos will be subject to a 5-minute video limit. This means if you stitch videos together and the entire video duration of the stitched video exceeds five minutes, you'll have to trim the video to 5-minutes or less.
Choose what editing you would like to do: 👇
Here's a video walkthrough of how to trim your video:
Here are the written Steps
- After recording, click Trim and Stitch under Edit on your video side panel.
- You have now entered trimming mode! Trim your video by dragging the handles. Trim the beginning and end to cut out any setting up or stopping of your video, or use the Split button to cut out middle portions.
- If you'd like to be extra precise, you can also use the arrow keys to nudge the timestamps back and forth. This will give you the most accurate trim possible!
- You can trim multiple clips in the same trimming experience. You can also go back and edit the trims you previously made.
- Once you're happy with your trim edits, select click Save changes.
Here are written steps:
- Click the beginning of the portion you want to remove from your video.
- Click the Split button above your trimming. This will divide your trimming into multiple sections.
- Select the second portion of your video and drag it to the point you want to remove. This will remove the part you don't want to be included, leaving you with what you do want!
- If you want to be extra precise, you can use the arrow keys to nudge.
Here are written steps:
- Open the video share page of the video you are looking to add clips into.
- Then click Trim and Stitch under Edit on your video side panel.
- From here, you will want to click Add Clips again under your video. You can then choose which video you want to stitch by:
→ Selecting a video from a list of your recently created Looms
→ Search your existing Loom by keyword
→ Directly add a Loom URL for a video that you or someone else has created
- Once you have selected a video, you will see that the video has been added as a clip to your existing video. If you wish to reorder your clips, you can do so by clicking the arrows below each clip.
- Repeat the process if you would like to add more clips.
- Once you are finished editing, click save, and you’re all done! 👏
⚠️ What to do if your trim gets stuck?
If your trim has been processing for over 30 mins, it's possible there was an error during the process. But don't worry, your video is not lost!
Here are two ways you can fix this:
Open back up the trim page, slightly adjust one of your current trims, and then publish the minor change. This will re-process all of your trim and should enable your video to process successfully.
- Open your trim page, select Revert to Original, then restart your Chrome browser. From here, you should be able to successfully trim again.
You can stitch any videos you or other teammates have created (this includes creators outside of your workspace)!
If you want to stitch a video from another creator, you will need the following: the video URL, access to view, and the video will need “Viewers can stitch video” enabled.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄