✂️ Trim videos so you never have to rerecord again!
Use Loom's trim features to cut out any of those 'um' mishaps! To remove any undesired parts of your video you can use two different trimming methods. The first option is to trim using audio waveform which is available on all plans. The second option is to trim via your transcript which is available on Business and Enterprise plans.
Here's how to: 👇
👉Available on all plans (Education, Starter free, Business and Enterprise).
Our classic trim method allows you to identify and remove part of your video using an audio waveform.
Here's a video walkthrough of how to trim your video:
⚠️ You will only be able to make up to 150 trims per clip. You also will only be able to trim videos that are 5 hours or less in length.
Trim the Start or End of the video:
- After recording, click Edit from the video side panel and then Trim and stitch.
- You have now entered trimming mode! Trim the beginning or end of your video by dragging the Trim bar handles to where you would like the video to resume.
- If you'd like to be extra precise, you can also use the arrow keys to nudge the timestamps back and forth. This will give you the most accurate trim possible!
- Once you're happy with your trim edits, select click Save Changes.
Trim a section in the middle of your video
- Click Edit from the video side panel and then Trim and Stitch.
- Then hover and click the section of the video you want to remove and click Split. The split feature divides the video into 2 clips.
- The split clips can now be trimmed by dragging the handles at the end of each clip.
- Any portion of the timeline in a light gray color without a timestamp will be removed from the video.
- If you'd like to be extra precise, you can also use the arrow keys to nudge the timestamps back and forth. You can also delete a clip that has been split entirely.
- You can trim multiple clips in the same trimming experience. You can also go back and edit the trims you previously made. Once you're happy with your trim edits, select click Save Changes.
👉Available on Business and Enterprise plans.
Edit by Transcript allows you to identify and remove portions of video using your transcript. Your footage doesn't have to be scrubbed over and over again to remove bad takes. Now, you can just peek at your transcript to find those mishaps. Simply highlight and remove!
Here's a video walkthrough of how to edit via transcript
Here are the written steps:
- Open the video share page of the video you want to edit and click Edit by Transcript.
- From here, highlight the word or sentence you want to remove from your video and click Trim.
If you make a mistake you can click ⏰ icon at the top right to undo or click directly on the word or sentence you want to undo.
If you need help finding a section to trim out, you can use the search feature to find the word or sentence.
- Once you are happy with your edits click Done! Thats it. ✨
What to do if your trim gets stuck?
- Open back up the trim page, slightly adjust one of your current trims, and then publish the minor change. This will re-process all of your trim and should enable your video to process successfully.
- Open your trim page, select Revert to Original, then restart your Chrome browser. From here, you should be able to successfully trim again.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄