We have recently learned of an issue that prevents the recording menu on the Loom Chrome Extension from opening. This problem was due to a bug in a specific version of Google Chrome. Google has fixed the issue in the latest version of Chrome. To successfully record again with the Loom Chrome Extension please follow the steps below.
How to resolve this:
Make sure Google Chrome is running on version 99.0.4844.83 or above
- You can do that here: chrome://settings/help
- This article here will also show you how to check you’re on the most up-to-date version.
Update screen recording permission
- Navigate to your devices Security & Privacy settings
- Go to Screen Recording
- Unselect and then reselect Google Chrome
(If you are using a Mac device it will look like the image below)
- Relaunch Chrome and attempt to record via the Loom Chrome extension
If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, please reach out to our Support Team and outline the steps taken, you can contact our team here.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄