Use tags to help your teammates discover videos faster. 🚀
Tags are a great way to organically surface relevant Loom videos with your team. You can add tags to videos you'd like to revisit later or to help add context to a video. The purpose of these tags is not to replace folders, but to allow your team to easily follow topics they are interested in.
Using tags will help you:
- Add context to your Loom video.
- Highlight and discover new content in your library.
- Group together videos on a specific topic (i.e #designreview #pitch #performance).
⚠️ Important: This article covers our new features. If you are currently on our Legacy UI, stay tuned.
To add a new tag, click the video you want to add a tag to and scroll down to the bottom. From there you will be able to add, remove and see how many other videos are associated with that tag.
If you visit a tag frequently, you can follow that tag to stay up to date. All the tags you follow will remain on the left side of your Library for easy access.
If you want a video to be seen with other team members make sure to Post the video!
Searching via tags
To discover your team members' videos you can search by tags by clicking into the tag or using the search bar at the top of your Loom homepage. All Posted videos with that particular tag will surface.
💡 Tips when using tags
- Tags do not support spaces or punctuation ex. #Bug-trim) so it's best to keep it simple.
- Avoid creating tags to replicate folder structures (ex. #SalesAugust) as there is a folder structure in place to fulfill these needs.
- Check which tags are more frequently used before adding a tag (ex. is the tag video count higher with #bug or #bugs).
- Merging tags is not possible at the moment.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄