Confused by a Screen Broadcasting message? We're here to help. 🙏
When trying to record a video using the Loom mobile app, you may see a Screen Broadcasting message that looks like this:
Our engineers are working to resolve this issue, but in the meantime, we're constrained by some iOS limitations. This means that unfortunately this issue may persist for a while.
Please note: Before you dive into troubleshooting, check to make sure you're on the latest version of the iOS app. We're making frequent releases!
The screen broadcasting error you encountered can occur in the following scenarios:
- When turning on the microphone after the screen recording has started
- When recording
- When the Live Broadcast to Loom has stopped due to: (null)
- When closing one app to go to the app you're trying to record
In any of these scenarios, you will see an invalid broadcast or "memory limit exceeded" error pop up on the screen.
To help avoid this issue, we suggest that you start and stop the recording using the native control center, directly from the app that you intend to record.
- Make sure you have the Screen Recorder on your home page. You can add it in your iPhone Settings in by going to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and hitting the (+) next to Screen Recording.
- Open the app you'd like to record.
- Open control center and long-press the screen recording button.
- A module will pop up asking which program you'd like to record with, select Loom from the list of apps (turn your microphone on if needed).
- To finish recording, open the control center and select Stop Broadcast.
One thing to note: If you ever run into this error when you're starting a recording, please click OK and start the recording again. Usually, we don't see this error twice in a row.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄