You can record Loom videos in Atlassian's Jira and Jira Service Desk Cloud using the Loom Chrome Extension.
How does the integration work?
- The integration is powered by the Loom Chrome Extension.
- If you already have the Loom extension, you can start using Loom inside Jira or Jira Service Desk.
- If you have the Chrome Extension, you will see a Record a Loom button in multiple places inside of Jira and Jira Service Desk, as shown below.
This video will show you how:
Where does this integration work?
If you have the Loom Chrome Extension but can't see the 'Record a Loom' button, please try the below steps:
- Make sure you have granted permissions to the Chrome Browser to access both your camera and microphone. You can check by pasting this link to your Chrome Browser: chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.loom.com
- Once you've downloaded the Chrome Extension, make sure you have created an account and are logged in.
- Watch our demos in this article to see where the button is currently available in Jira.
Unfortunately not, the Loom integration is only compatible with Jira Cloud and Jira Service Desk Cloud. We're working on bringing this integration to Confluence, stay tuned.
- The Chrome Extension privacy and security permissions have not changed as part of this integration. While we do add a button to the page, the button is self-contained and does not access or insert any data inside of Jira or Jira Service Desk.
- The "Record a Loom" button is overlayed onto your Jira and Jira Service Desk experience to make recording, viewing, and sharing Looms easier within your workflow.
- As with any Loom that is recorded through the Chrome Extension, the video is encoded, encrypted, and stored inside of your private Loom account.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy recording! 🎥😄