Loom's patented technology facilitates quick access to your recording. 🚀
The processing speed depends on several factors:
- The duration of the video.
- Your upload speed, please check here. We recommend at least 5mbps upload speed.
- The quality you chose to record in (higher resolution will take longer)
- If you have multiple videos processing at once.
On a strong stable, connection, it should not take more than a few minutes for videos under 10 minutes at 720p recording quality.
However, if you record a long video and your upload speed is on the lower end, the processing time will increase as Loom finishes uploading your video.
⚠️Please wait at least 30mins and do not close the tab until you are able to play the video you created.
A video stuck in processing will look like this:
What can we do?
If your video has been processing for longer than 30 minutes, please reach out to our support team and we'll do our best to help and diagnose what went wrong.
Please keep in mind, we can only attempt to recover desktop app recordings:
- Mac desktop app video - we can recover screen only & screen + cam recordings, send us the missing parts, follow steps here.
- Windows desktop app video - we can recover screen only & screen + cam recordings, send us the missing parts, follow steps here.
- Loom Chrome extension video - we cannot recover unfortunately.
In the event that Loom crashes during recording or your video is stuck in processing, we are very sorry! This currently happens to less than 0.1% of all videos and is something we are working really hard on to drive down to 0%. Thanks for your support and patience while we work through this!
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄