Recording quality on the Loom Chrome Extension
The average quality for videos recorded using the Chrome extension is 720p which translates roughly into 1280×720 pixels. However, this will vary depending on some factors local to your device, which include:
- Monitor/screen resolution
- Internet connection
- Quality of your webcam
What do I do if my extension recording is blurry?
- Restart your device.
- Ensure Chrome is running with minimal overhead - close all unnecessary tabs/applications and make sure you're plugged into a power source.
- If you're using a larger monitor, you will see some quality loss in your recordings. To combat this, you can change your monitor resolution to match the 1280x720 pixels guideline.
Recording quality on the Loom Desktop App
Loom Pro users can choose to record in various resolutions, including HD, while using the Loom Desktop App. Please note that recording quality depends on the kind of computer you have, and webcam recordings may be lower quality than screen recordings.
- Windows Desktop App: up to 4K (HD)
- Mac Desktop App: up to 4K (HD)
Loom Basic users can choose their recording resolution up to 720p.
- Windows Desktop App: up to 720p
- Mac Desktop App: up to 720p
Please note: Loom will default to the resolution best suited to your device and connection. You can still manually select a different resolution from the drop-down menu, but you may see a "not supported by your device" alerting you that that high resolutions are disabled in your desktop quality selector. This will happen if your device's height or camera height does not support recording in those high resolutions.
To set a Default Recording Quality, follow these steps:
- Click the three-dot menu '...' and select Preferences
- Choose your Default Quality from the drop-down. This way your app will record in this resolution each time you're ready to record
Unfortunately not, you'll need to download the Loom Desktop app and be on the Pro plan to access HD recordings (up to 4K for Mac and Windows).
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy recording!🎥 😄