Recording quality on the Loom Chrome Extension
The average quality for videos recorded using the Chrome extension is 720p which translates roughly into 1280×720 pixels. However, this will vary depending on some factors local to your device, which include:
- Monitor/screen resolution
- Internet connection
- Quality of your webcam
What do I do if my extension recording is blurry?
- Restart your device.
- Ensure Chrome is running with minimal overhead - close all unnecessary tabs/applications and make sure you're plugged into a power source.
- If you're using a larger monitor, you will see some quality loss in your recordings. To combat this, you can change your monitor resolution to match the 1280x720 pixels guideline.
Recording quality on the Loom Desktop App
- Windows Desktop App: up to 1080p (HD)
- Mac Desktop App: up to 4K (HD)
Loom Basic users can choose their recording resolution up to 720p.
- Windows Desktop App: up to 720p
- Mac Desktop App: up to 720p
Please note: Loom will default to the resolution best suited to your device and connection. You can still manually select a different resolution from the drop-down menu, as shown below. However, if you select 4K but your monitor does not support 4K, Loom will automatically adjust your recording to the highest quality available to you.
To set a Default Recording Quality, follow these steps:
- Click the three-dot menu '...' and select Preferences
- Choose your Default Quality from the drop-down. This way your app will record in this resolution each time you're ready to record
Unfortunately not, you'll need to download the Loom Desktop app and be on the Pro plan to access HD recordings (up to 1080p for Windows, up to 4K for Mac)
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here 👈
Happy recording!🎥 😄