Drive more views by sharing your video as an animated thumbnail in the body of your email. 💌
There are 2 ways you can make your video display as an animated preview in your email:
Share via Gmail integration
Share via Linked GIF
1. Gmail Integration: Link expanding
We wanted to enable more efficient and effective communication in a somewhat antiquated experience. So we created Loom's Gmail integration.
How does this work?
Paste your Loom URL into your Gmail composer and it will automatically expand to display an embedded thumbnail. This is eye-catching and gives your recipient a preview of what's to come.
To facilitate Gmail Link Expanding, you must have the Loom Chrome Extension installed. By having this installed, you unlock the ability for the Chrome Extension to recognize Loom links and display them as an embedded thumbnail.
- Make sure Loom for Gmail is enabled from your Loom Account Settings.
- Open your Gmail composer or thread and paste in your Loom link.
- The link will automatically expand to an embed thumbnail. It will display the content embedded on the receiver's end if they also have the Loom Chrome Extension installed. It's really that simple!
2. GIF Thumbnail (for all email clients)
If you'd like your video's thumbnail to display in your email and on your recipient's end, share your Loom via the copy GIF Thumbnail options. This works with all email clients!
Open the video you'd like to share, click Share, and select Embed.
Then click Copy GIF Thumbnail to transfer it to your clipboard.
Paste the link into your email thread and your Loom thumbnail will display as an animated thumbnail. 🎉
Tip: Wave or gesture at the start of your video to add movement to your animated GIF thumbnail.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥😄