Audio issues? Camera not recording? You've come to the right place! 🎧
This 2-minute video shows you how to check if your microphone and/or camera issues are isolated to Loom or might be local to your device or Chrome.
If the microphone/camera works on the online test site, the issue is likely with Loom. If it does not work, the issue is likely with Chrome/or your device locally.
Test site: https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/RecordRTC/
If your microphone and/or camera are not working on this test site, this indicates the issue is related to Chrome in general and not isolated to Loom. Please check:
- Your computer's System Preference > navigate to 'Sound' or 'Camera' and check if there's any indication of a muted microphone or disabled camera.
- Restart your computer - this trusty old trick always helps!😁
If your microphone and/or camera are working successfully on this test site, please check your Loom Chrome permissions by following these steps:
- Navigate to your My Video page.
- Click the secure lock🔒next to the Loom URL and click Site Setting
- Find Camera and Microphone and make sure you have 'Allow' selected for both, see below.
- Once complete, please restart your Chrome browser. 👇
If you continue to experience this issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Happy Recording! 🎥 😄