Audio issues? Camera not recording? You've come to the right place! 🎧
This video shows you how to check if your microphone and/or camera issues are isolated to Loom or might be local to your device or Chrome.
If the microphone/camera works on the online test site, the issue is likely with Loom. If it does not work, the issue is likely with Chrome/or your device locally.
Test site: https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/RecordRTC/
If your microphone and/or camera are not working on this test site, this indicates the issue is related to Chrome in general and not isolated to Loom. Please check:
- Your computer's System Preferences > navigate to Sound or Camera and check if there's any indication of a muted microphone or disabled camera.
- Restart your computer - this trusty old trick always helps!
If your microphone and/or camera are working successfully on this test site, please check your Loom Chrome permissions by following these steps:
- Navigate to your Personal Library.
- Click the secure lock🔒next to the Loom URL and click Site Setting
- Find Camera and Microphone and make sure you have Allow selected for both, see below.
- Once complete, please restart your Chrome browser.
Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us here.
Happy recording! 🎥😄