You can share a view-only link to a public folder containing one or multiple videos. 📂
Public folders are particularly useful for sharing information with your entire team or customers.
How to share a folder?
There are two ways to create a public folder from your My Videos page:
- Clicking on the New Public Folder button on the top right side of your dashboard
- Click the Share button on a private folder to create a public link. From here, a new sharing modal will appear containing the public link to the folder you chose to share.
This public link grants access to the folder's content without requiring sign-in.
Share this link with whom you'd like to view your group of videos. 😊
How to unshare a folder and revoke access?
You can bring back the sharing modal at any time to change access by clicking the Share icon on each folder.
- Select the 'Unshare' button to instantly unshare the folder and prevent anyone from further accessing its contents.
- Once unshared, the folder will remain inaccessible until you decide to share it again in the future.
How do I know which folders are shared?
Each shared folder will have a distinguishable icon representing their shared status, see below:
What is the difference between Public and Private folders? 🤔
- Private folders and their contents are only accessible by you, the account owner.
- A public folder is accessible by anyone who has the public link associated with the folder. Other users can't modify the contents of the folder and they can only watch the videos in the folder itself and in any sub-folder.
Happy recording! 🎥 😄