Custom Access gives you an extra layer of video security. If your video contains sensitive information and you’d like to make sure only a specific person (or group of people) can watch your video you can enable Custom Access.
This way you can be sure your Loom recording will only be seen by those it's intended for. 👮♂️👀
This works in a similar way to sharing a Google Doc.
You can either:
- Share Public Link - allowing anyone with this link to view your video.
- Enable Custom Access (Share Privately) - allowing only people who have been invited to view your video.
How do I add Custom Access to my video?
1. From your My Video page, select the video you'd like to enable Custom Access for.
2. Under Privacy, click Invite People.
3. Type the email address of those you grant access for, then click Add email, then Save.
NB: Your recipient will need to be logged into their Loom account with this email in order to watch this.
Once you've done this, your video will automatically be set to private and inaccessible to anyone except those who have received Custom Access. 🔐
Custom Access: Public Videos
By default your Loom URLs are not searchable. Only people who you share your video link with can see your video. However, if you would like your video to gain greater public exposure you can change this to a Public Link.
This means your Loom URL can then appear in Google search, here's how:
Watch the video below for a quick walkthrough of the Privacy feature:
Happy sharing! 😃 🎥