This 2 minute video shows you how to check if your microphone and/or camera issues are isolated to Loom, or might be local to your device or Chrome.
If the microphone/camera works on the online test site, the issue is likely with Loom. If it does not work, the issue is likely with Chrome/or your device locally.
Test site: https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/RecordRTC/
If your microphone and/or camera are not working on this test site, please check:
- Your computer's system preference, navigate to "Sound" or "Camera" and check if there's any indication of a muted microphone or disabled camera
- Restart your computer - this trusty old trick always helps!😁
If your microphone and/or camera are working successfully on this test site, please check your Loom Chrome permissions:
- Navigate to your My Video page.
- Click the secure lock🔒next to the Loom URL and click Site Setting
- Find Camera and Microphone and make sure you have 'Allow' selected for both, see below.
- Once complete, please restart your Chrome browser.
If your continue to experience problems here, please don't hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Recording! 😄📹